Historical Aircraft

February 1943


Monday, 1 February, 1943

Cloudy with rain, becoming fair with showers and moderate to good visibility.  Five patrols were flown off Beachy Head and some non-operational flying was done.  F/S D.C. Goudie was posted to 421 Squadron, RCAF, also at Kenley wef from today.

Tuesday, 2 February, 1943

The weather started out today as cloudy with rain and became another fair day.  F/O H.C. Godefroy and F/O K.P. Marshall finally took off on their rhubarb operation after being frustrated many times.  This time they approached the French coast near Ault and, finding the weather clear, followed the coast along to Dieppe and then turned back without penetration.  They flew in Spit Mk VBs, taking off at 0800 and landing at 0920 hours.

Circus 257 Part II: S/L L.S. Ford DFC & Bar led the Squadron which, with 402 and 416 Squadrons, acted as bouncing Wing to 12 Bostons bombing at target at Abbeville.  The Kenley Wing orbited Abbeville at 5,000 to 7,000 feet and saw the bomb bursts on the target.  There was no enemy reaction.  We saw all of the bombers safely in and out. Up 1045 hours, down 1215 hours.  The Sections were as follows:

Yellow Section    Red Section    Blue Section
F/L P.T. O’Leary    S/L L.S. Ford    F/L C.M. Magwood
P/O D.H. Dover    Sgt R. Dunbar    P/O C.G. Cumming
F/O R. Wozniak    F/O H.D. MacDonald    F/O N.R. Fowlow
Wednesday, 3 February, 1943

The weather was fair to cloudy with the occasional drizzle and moderate visibility.  Circus 258 Part I: S/L Ford led the Blue Section with W/C Hodson leading the Squadron, with the Wing consisting of 402 and 403 Squadrons.  The Wing’s role was Second Fighter Echelon and, although other fighters were seen, the bombers were not.  We swept the Hazebrouck area at 21,000 to 23,000 feet.  A/C were seen at the cloud base in the St Omer area far behind in ones and two which may have been FW 190s.  The weather in France was 9/10ths cloud at 8,000 to 10,000 feet and broken towards the south and the east.  Some heavy flak with red marker was seen coming up from St Omer.  Up 1020 hours down 1135 hours.  The Sections were as follows:

Yellow Section    Red Section    Blue Section
S/L L.S. Ford    W/C Hodson    F/L P.T. O’Leary
Sgt R. Dunbar     F/O H.D. MacDonald    F/O Godefroy
F/L C.M. Magwood     F/O Marshall    F/O Aitken
F/O N.R. Fowlow    F/O R. Wozniak

General: F/O M.R. McGill, Intelligence Officer, after ailing for a short period, went to the hospital.  F/L S.F. Carr, Medical Officer, who had been detached to RAF Station Red Hill, returned to the Squadron.  Can.R.82389 LAC Cornell G. was detached to RAF Station Cosford for the Junior NCOs Course.

Thursday, 4 February, 1943

The Weather was fine at first and then became cloudy with rain.  Two patrols were flown off of Beachy Head and one section, consisting of F/O Godefroy and F/O MacDonald, was scrambled with no incident.  There was also a fair amount of non-ops flying.  Three ACH/GDs RAF personnel were posted to us from Bournemouth.  1544864 AC1 Whittle F. 1037318 AC1 Hoult D. & 1449392 AC1 Cooper P.

Friday, 5 February, 1943

The weather started fine, then clouded over with visibility of up to 6 miles in the afternoon.  6/10ths Cloud was based at 2,500 feet.  Air/Sea Rescue: S/L Ford led the Squadron which, with 402, were scrambled to patrol the English coast East from Dungeness and low down.  Nothing of interest was seen, although there was much talk of an elaborate German A/S/R operation going on as well as our own.  The Cloud was 10/10ths at 2,000 feet and below.  Those scrambled were: S/L Ford, F/L O’Leary, F/L Magwood, F/O Marshall, F/O Godefroy, F/O MacDonald, F/O Connacher, P/O Cumming, P/O Dover, F/O Aitken and Sgt Hamilton.  Carrying on with the policy to Canadianize the Squadron, two RAF RTOs, 1189006 LAC Bartley A.W. and 1189688 LAC Fenner G.J. were detached to RAF Kenley pending posting to the Station.

Saturday, 6 February, 1943

Weather started out being cloudy with drizzle, with good visibility and 10/10ths cloud at 500-1,000 feet.  No ops flying was done today and only two short non-ops sorties were carried out with F/O Fowlow conducting aircraft and cannon testing.

Sunday, 7 February, 1943

The weather was mainly fine today, though cloudy in the morning.  F/O Marshall and P/O Lane were scrambled to Beachy Head in the late afternoon with no incident.  Four regular patrols were flown off of Beachy Head as well as some non-ops flying.

Monday, 8 February, 1943

Weather, it was cold and cloudy today with 10/10ths cloud at 2,000 feet.  Rodeo 164: S/L Ford led the Squadron which, with 402, had a free lance assignment, sweeping Hardelot at 12,000 feet before making a wide orbit of Abbeville and then going out at Le Treport where they made a second orbit at 15,000 feet.  Five A/C were seen in a field just outside the North end of the North-South runway at Abbeville and medium to heavy, accurate flak was encountered from Boulogne.  The Sections were as follows:

Blue  Section    Red Section    Yellow Section
F/L C.M. Magwood    S/L L.S. Ford    F/L P.T. O’Leary    P/O Cumming    P/O Dowding    P/O D.H. Dover    P/O Gimbel    F/O N.R. Fowlow    F/O Marshall
F/S Chute    F/O Godefroy    F/O Aitken

Tuesday, 9 February, 1943

It was cloudy with rain today, with visibility varying from poor to fair and a cloud base of 10/10ths at 500-1,000 feet.  F/O Godefroy and F/O Marshall set out on a rhubarb inland of Ault but were recalled due to weather conditions.  They took off at 1300 and landed at 1330 hours.  P/O Berger took over the Intelligence Officer duties pending the return of F/O M.R. McGill, who went into a convalescent home on leaving the Kenley Station Sick Quarters.

Wednesday, 10 February, 1943

The weather was fine in the morning and then clouded over with some rain in the afternoon.  The cloud was 7/10ths to 101/0ths at 600 to 1,000 feet.  Six patrols were flown off of Beachy Head today without incident.

Thursday, 11 February, 1943

It was fair to cloudy today with good visibility and 4/10ths cloud at 2,000 to 3,000 feet.  A rhubarb was attempted by F/O MacDonald and F/O Wozniak, setting out for locomotives inland of Port en Bassin.  After 20 minutes, they turned back because the weather seemed to be too good.  They were up at 0745 and down at 0845 hours.  Ramrod 38: S/L Ford led Yellow section with W/C Hodson leading the Squadron and the Wing.  402 and 403 Squadrons were to be cover to the Bostons and their escort provided by Kenley’s 416 and 421 Squadron.  The cloud was 10/10ths at 600 feet for the rendezvous at Hastings.  We saw only one Boston but there were seven in all.  All agreed to turn back because of the weather.  The Section were as follows:

Blue Section    Red Section    Yellow Section
F/L C.M. Magwood    S/L L.S. Ford    F/L P.T. O’Leary    P/O Cumming    P/O Dowding    P/O D.H. Dover    P/O Gimbel    F/O N.R. Fowlow    F/O Marshall
F/S Chute    F/O Godefroy    F/O Aitken

F/O MacDonald and F/O Wozniak tried again, this time with success.  They crossed the French coast West of Port en Bassin, flew along the railway line starting four miles west of Bayeux and made three beam attacks on locomotives one mile West of a village believed to be Tournieres.  They saw strikes and steam as the loco stopped.  On the third attack, F/O MacDonald, whose vision was hampered by oil on his windscreen, struck a tree, part of which he came back with rammed into his radiator.  His throttle was jammed as a result of this incident, so he had to land with his engine shut off.  He made a fine landing.  No flak or enemy opposition was seen.  Up at 1615 and down at 1745 hours.

Friday, 12 February, 1943

The weather was cloudy with 9/10ths at 15,000 to 20,000 feet and a drizzle.  P/O Gimbel and P/O Dowding went off on a rhubarb behind Dieppe, crossing the French coast at Veules les Roses at zero feet.  They saw a goods train at Auffory, and each pilot attacked it twice.  The train stooped and clouds of steam and brown smoke was given off.  They came out at Derchigny, experiencing no flak throughout the rhubarb.  P/O Dowding saw a Spitfire, lettered AU-H in a quick glimpse, near the obstructed aerodrome at Brachy.  Its wheel were up and half of its starboard plane was off.  The next day it was learnt from 11 Group that the A/C was likely OU-K of 485 Squadron, which was lost in that vicinity.  It is rather amazing that a person could spot the letters like that while passing at the speed of a Spitfire.

Saturday, 13 February, 1943

Weather was fair to cloudy with visibility between 6 to 12 miles and 2/10ths cloud based at 2,000 to 3,000 feet.  Circus 262: 403 Squadron, with 402 Squadron, acted as cover to Bostons, crossing the French coast South of Hardelot at 12,000 to 16,000 feet.  The bombers did their bombing run from north to South with bursts seen between the target vessels and the breakwater, but no hits or near misses on the target were observed.  There was an intense and heavy flak, which was inaccurate for height coming from Boulogne.  402 and 403 climbed to 30,000 feet near Le Touquet and Le Brotoy.  The W/C and 402 Squadron reported 9 unidentified e/a at 35,000 feet going North from Abbeville towards St Omer.  403 Squadron reported three ME 109s in the same area and height.  The e/a did not attempt any interception.  Up at 0910 and down at 1050 hours.  The sections were as follows:

Blue Section    Red Section    Yellow Section
F/L P.T. O’Leary     W/C Hodson    S/L L.S. Ford        Sgt Miller    P/O Dowding    P/O Cumming    F/O Wozniak    F/O Aitken    F/L C.M. Magwood
P/O Lane    Sgt Deschamps    P/O Gimbel

403, along with 402, 416 and 421, acted as close escort to 10 Venturas going in on a target in Boulogne.  Rendezvous was punctual at Beachy Head but the target area was covered in 10/10ths cloud so all turned back.  Up at 1335 and down at 1515.  The sections were:

Blue Section    Red Section    Yellow Section
F/L P.T. O’Leary     W/C Hodson    S/L L.S. Ford        Sgt Hamilton    P/O Dowding    P/O Cumming    F/O Wozniak    F/O Aitken    F/L C.M. Magwood
P/O Lane    Sgt Deschamps    P/O Gimbel

Sunday, 14 February, 1943

The weather was fair to cloudy with good visibility.  The Squadron was scrambled for ASR patrolling out to the Channel and 5 miles off of Cape Gris Nez with no incident.  All were airborne in good time, the Squadron being airborne in six minutes.  Those scrambled were S/L Ford, F/L Magwood, F/O Fowlow, F/O Connacher, F/O Godefroy, P/O Dowding, Sgt McGarrigle and Sgt Hamilton.
General: F/O Marshall is in the hospital with a heavy cold.

Monday, 15 February, 1943

The weather started cloudy with rain and cleared in the afternoon to fair visibility with 8/10ths cloud at 1,000 to 2,000 feet.  Rhubarb: F/O Westhaver and P/O Lane crossed into France North of Ault and made two front quarter attacks on a goods locomotive between Chepy and Le Treport, seeing many strikes and much steam.  They then swept South to a marshalling yards near Gamaches, scoring strikes on goods cars and a locomotive.  F/O Westhaver climber sharply to avoid a chimney and P/O Lane saw a puff of black smoke come out from F/O Westhaver’s aircraft which he believed was due to the boost applied by F/O Westhaver.  At 1,500 feet, F/O Westhaver jettisoned his hood and baled out.  P/O Lane saw his parachute in full bloom at about 1,000 feet and then came home coming out North of Ault.  No sign of flak or e/a.

Circus 266: S/L Ford led the Squadron, along with 402 to act as bomber withdrawal support.  Eleven bombers were seen in and out.  Smoke and debris from one stick of bombs was seen across the docks and inland at Dunkirk.  The target was an armed M/V.  On the course home, 403 Squadron was intercepted by some twenty FW 190s off of Goodwin Sands while flying at 19,000 feet.  The Squadron was ordered to break to the port and then engaged in a general melee.  F/L Magwood, Blue 1, made a 15? starboard quarter attack on a FW 190, firing two bursts of cannon and M/G.  He saw grayish-white smoke pour back from the engine and the A/C rolled slowly over and then started to spin to the left.  Because strikes were observed on the cockpit as well as the engine by F/O Wozniak and Sgt Hamilton, this A/C was claimed as probably destroyed.  S/L Ford, Red 1, leading the Squadron, had bursts on four enemy aircraft but saw strikes on only one, from which a large piece fell off, and for which he claimed as damaged.  P/O Cummings, Blue 2, on seeing a FW 190 climbing to his starboard and above, followed and gave a two-second burst of cannon and M/G from 400 yards.  At the same time, he saw someone squirting at him from behind and to the port and he had to take evasive action.  No claim was made.  A moderate amount of heavy flak was seen at Dunkirk, at varying heights up to 15,000 feet and directed at the bombers.  Up at 1305 and down at 1455.

The score: F/L Magwood – 1 FW 190 probably destroyed
S/L Ford – 1 FW 190 damaged.

Blue Section    Red Section    Yellow Section
F/L C.M. Magwood    S/L L.S. Ford    F/L P.T. O’Leary    P/O Cumming    Sgt Dunbar    Sgt Hamilton        F/O Fowlow    P/O Gimbel    F/O Godefroy
F/O Wozniak

Tuesday, 16 February, 1943

The weather was cloudy with some rain.  Rodeo 168: The Kenley Wing consisting of 402, 403, 416, & 421 Squadrons, swept the Caen area, going into France West of Caen at 6,000 to 10,000 feet and coming out at Pointe de la Percee.  There was no e/a/ or flak encountered.  Up at 0900 and down at 1055 hours.  The sections were as follows:

Blue Section    Red Section    Yellow Section
F/L P.T. O’Leary    W/C Hodson    S/L L.S. Ford    P/O Lane    F/O MacDonald    Sgt Dunbar        P/O Aitken    P/O Gimbel    F/L Magwood
Sgt McGariggle

Rodeo 170: 403 Squadron, with 402, were led by W/C Hodson, climbing to 25,000 feet South of Foreland.  Course was then set for Dunkirk, but at about mid-channel, the Wing made a climbing turn to starboard.  One Spitfire, who had been lagging, was seen at about this point to turn gently to starboard and below the Wing.  F/O Connacher, Red 4, was not seen after this.  His section leader, F/L O’Leary, had earlier called to him to catch up, but he made no reply.  It is believed that he was suffering from oxygen deficiency.  Two pilots of 403 Squadron, P/O Brown and F/O Williamson were missing, possibly for the same reason.  After flying inland, up and down between Le Touquet and Cap Gris Nez with 12 plus 190s at 31,000 feet dodging about and away, the Wing turned to attack near Le Touquet and F/O Keene of 402 Squadron damaged one FW 190 before they all dived away.  No flak was experienced nor any shipping seen.  In the turn off of South Foreland, at 25,000 feet, seven out of nine windscreens of 402 Squadron became partially obscured.  Up 1635 and down 1805 hours.  The Sections were:

Blue Section    Red Section    Yellow Section
F/L P.T. O’Leary    W/C Hodson    S/L L.S. Ford    P/O Dowding    F/O MacDonald    F/S Chute        F/O Wozniak    F/O Fowlow    F/O Godefroy
F/O Connacher

General: Cpl J.O. LaRocque, postal clerk (R.223269), on loan to the Squadron to organize a Squadron Post Office, was sent off to Redhill and R.140312 AC2 Korbin A. postal clerk, was sent from RCAF HQ to take over.

Wednesday, 17 February, 1943

The weather was dull in the morning with about 5/10ths low cloud.  Three sections were scrambled and two sections patrolled over Canterbury but there were no incidents. The Squadron was released in the afternoon.

Thursday, 18 February, 1943

The weather was hazy with drizzle in the morning and sunny in the afternoon.  Circus 270: With 402, 403 acted as cover to 12 Venturas bombing Dunkirk.  W/C Hodson led the Squadron and the Wing which turned back after 18 minutes due to the weather of 10/10ths cloud at 3,000 feet with only a small gap in the Channel.  One bomber jettisoned his bombs in the sea.  Up at 1535 and down at 1700.  The Sections were:

Blue Section    Red Section    Yellow Section
F/L Magwood    W/C Hodson    F/L P.T. O’Leary    F/S Chute    F/O MacDonald    P/O Aitken         P/O Gimbel    F/O Fowlow    F/O Godefroy

General: S/L Ford is indisposed for a couple of days with a heavy cold.

Friday, 19 February, 1943

There was a haze in the morning that burned off, becoming clear by the afternoon but cloud and haze on the deck at the coast prevented operations.  The Squadron did some formation flying in the afternoon, impressing many of the ground watchers with the tightness of the formation.  General: Our one set of Canadian twins – Cpl E.H. Broomhall and LAC J.H. Broomhall, nursing orderlies were both posted to RCAF HQ, London.  Five fitters and one clerk were posted to us from West Kirby.

Saturday, 20 February, 1943

There was a heavy ground fog all day.  No flying was done.

Sunday, 21 February, 1943

Fog and mist for most of the day, which cleared somewhat by late afternoon, but no flying.

Monday, 22 February, 1943

Thick fog down to the ground all day.  No flying. The picture, ‘Strawberry Blonde’ was shown in the Wing Pilot’s Room for the pilots.

Tuesday, 23 February, 1943

Ground mist all day, dull and still no flying.  A talk was given by F/O Munro to all of the pilots of the Wing on recognition features of the FW 190, Typhoon and Thunderbolt.  It was well done, without cramming too much detail in.

Wednesday, 24 February, 1943

The weather cleared somewhat although still dull.  Local flying was done and three sections were scrambled without incident.

Thursday, 25 February, 1943

It was sunny and fair with variable amounts of cloud and a slight wind today.  Two patrols and some formation flying were carried out.  Accident: P/O J.D. Edwards, flying as Blue 3 in the formation flight, suddenly spun away out of control, crashing near Canterbury and was instantly killed.  The cause of the accident is not yet known.  General: Three RTOs (Canadian) reported for duty from RAF Station Cranwell and then proceed on seven days of leave.

Friday, 26 February, 1943

It was bright all day with some ground haze in the morning and scattered cloud.  Circus 274 Pt II: W/C Hodson led the Squadron and the Wing in a mopping-up role for some bombers going in on Dunkirk.  The Wing was climbing to 25,000 feet over the Channel when it was recalled, being directed to land at Tangmere.  Weather was 10/10ths cloud at 4,000 feet over the Channel but the visibility above was good.  Up at Kenley at 1105 hours and down at Tangmere at 1225 hours.  The Sections were as follows:

Blue Section    Red Section    Yellow Section
F/L P.T. O’Leary    W/C Hodson    S/L Ford    P/O Dover    F/S Chute    Sgt Dunbar        F/O Godefroy        F/O Fowlow
P/O Dowding        Sgt Brown

General: Sgt Deschamps returned from the hospital and proceeded on four days of sick leave.

Saturday, 27 February, 1943

The weather was bright and sunny with scattered cloud.  There was some light ground haze in the morning that developed to heavy in the afternoon.  Operation Roadstead:  S/L Malloy led the Wing consisting of 402 and 403 Squadrons in the Target Support role to Venturas that were bombing an armed M/V in the Dunkirk area.  Some 12 FW 190s followed the Wing out of France at 27,000 feet.  When the FWs began to dive on 402 and on Yellow Section of 403, S/L Ford gave the order to break to the port and a general melee resulted.  F/L P.T. O’Leary, Yellow 1, dove to his port after two FW 190s and F/O Wozniak, Yellow 2 followed.  He straightened out to fire on two more 190s in the same line as the previous two and 600 yards behind.  They flew through his line of fire and he saw black smoke from their leading edges which, he believes, was caused by their firing at F/L O’Leary.  F/O Wozniak then had to take evasive action because of another FW 190 that got on his tail, and that is the last that was known of F/L O’Leary.  P/O Gimbel, Blue 3, after some maneuvering, positioned himself behind one of two FWs and, after a short burst, which was too low, fired a 3 ½ second burst at 75 to 100 yards range.  He observed a terrific explosion in the mid-section of the starboard wing and several large pieces falling off of it.  Just before he stopped firing, the e/a gently rolled over on its back and started spiraling down.  P/O Gimbel followed him down and saw the starboard wing fall off at about 10,000 feet.  The FW then went into a tight spin and a thin stream of white smoke was emitted from the fuselage.  The pilot did not bale out and the A/C was seen to crash into the sea as P/O Gimbel came out of his dive (IAS 480-500 mph) at 6,000 feet.  Since his R/T had become U/S, P/O Gimbel returned to base alone for he could see no one else about.  He claimed this FW as destroyed.  Sgt Brown, after firing on a FW 190 with M/G only from a range of 150 to 50 yards, and observing no results, regained his original height at about 30,000 feet and saw an aircraft far below him on fire and smoking, which from its squarish wing-tips, was not a Spitfire.  Just to the West of it, he saw a parachute at about 15,000 feet.  This may have been the same A/C seen by F/L Hall of 402 Squadron as Sgt Brown had joined up with 402 Squadron.  When at 22,000 feet, F/L Hall saw a pilot bale out and then saw the splash of the A/C hitting the water.

On breaking port, S/L Ford, Red 1, with F/L Grant, Red 2, found himself ideally placed behind two FW 190s.  He gave a 4-second burst at the left-hand one and saw strikes and flashes all along the wings and fuselage.  The A/C climbed a little, then rolled and dived away to the port.  It is claimed as damaged.  S/L Ford then gave a 4-second burst at about 200 yards range on the other 190 and saw a lot of white stuff, which he believed to be petrol pour out from under the wings.  F/L Grant and S/L Ford saw this e/a slip to starboard, then slowly flick back and forth, taking no evasive action before it rolled over on it s back.  Both S/L Ford and F/L Grant then took evasive action from other 190s.  F/L Grant, not more than a minute later and at 25,000 feet, saw a curl of smoke that led to a splash.  It is believed that this A/C, seen by F/L Grant crashing, was the same one seen by F/L Hall and Sgt Brown and that it was the second 190 attacked by S/L Ford; therefore this was claimed as destroyed.  Up 1340 and down 1520 hours.

The score: S/L Ford 1 FW 190 destroyed and 1 FW 190 damaged
P/O Gimbel 1 FW 190 destroyed

The sections were as follows:

Blue  Section    Red Section    Yellow Section
F/L Magwood    S/L Ford    F/L O’Leary
F/S Chute    F/L Grant (401 Sqn)    F/O Wozniak        P/O Gimbel        F/O Fowlow
Sgt Brown        F/O Godefroy
Sgt McGarrigle

General: S/L Ford and P/O Gimbel, along with P/O Cameron of 402 Squadron, shared the honour of scoring Kenley Wing’s 500th victory.  They brought the total up from 499 ½, where it had been for some time, to 502 ½ e/a destroyed.  F/L Grant, of 401 Squadron, RCAF, was down this way to umpire a big combined exercise, and was tickled pink to have flown with the Squadron and to have gotten into this ‘do’.
Air-Sea Rescue:  In a vain attempt to find any trace of F/L O’Leary P.T. 402 and 403 Squadrons took-off and searched the Channel area of the combat.  About 15-20 miles North-east of Dunkirk, a patch of oil and a floating A/C wheel which some believed was from a Spitfire was seen.  S/L Malloy of 402 Squadron and F/L Magwood of 403, momentarily saw something yellow just under the sea near the oil slick but could not find it again.  It was conjectured  by some that this could have been a Mae West.  One of the three rescue boats which were searching to the North was sent to this position.  After searching for nearly two hours, the Wing returned to base.  Up 1625 and down at 1830 hours.  The sections involved were:

Blue  Section    Red Section    Yellow Section
F/L Magwood    S/L Malloy    S/L Ford
Sgt Dunbar        F/O Wozniak        F/O Fowlow        P/O Cumming

White Section consisting of F/O Godefroy and F/O MacDonald, went out independently in Spit VBs.

Sunday, 28 February, 1943

It was sunny and bright today, with a slight wisp of cloud.  Two patrols off of Beachy Head and some local flying were carried out.  The Squadron bag for the month was two FW 190s destroyed and three damaged – not bad for a month that is supposed to be quiet and for the first month as part of this Group.

Personnel and Flying Times for February 1943

No. of Officers – Flying    13    –
No. of Officers – Ground    5    –
No. of Airmen – Flying     9
No. of Airmen – Ground    98    22
125    22

Operational Flying Times:     371:10
Non-Operational Flying Times:    77:10
Tiger Moth:        14:15
Total    462:35

Aircraft on Squadron Strength: 15 Spitfire Mk IX
3 Spitfire Mk VB
1 Tiger Moth

Casualties for the Month:     F/O H.A. Westhaver    F/O S.M. Connacher
P/O J.D. Edwards    F/L P.T. O’Leary

Enemy Casualties:     2 FW 190s Destroyed    3 FW 190s Damaged